Click on the image link below to continue reading.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
PanelingTools for Rhino 5.0 WIP 32 and 64 bits is coming soon.
Glenn Wilcox posted three new tutorials in his generative design computing. See details....
Added two short clips to show how the new ptPanelgridCustomVariable command works with history. See details...
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Please download and use this version only if you are comfortable using pre-release software.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
More how-tos' videos from VisualARQ's YouTube Channel.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Everyone is invited to download and use the OS X version of Rhino while it is in development.Most of the core functionality has been ported from Windows and is very stable.
Details and download...
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Authorized T-Splines trainer, Kyle Houchens, owner of The Outside Digital Art and Design, will show how to use T-Splines for free-form car designs, and Matt Sederberg, T-Splines co-founder, will introduce powerful time-saving tools and tips from newly released T-Splines 2.2.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Some new features in nXt, including:
- 4-5 times faster than Flamingo 2
- Takes more advantage of multi-core machines
- Better quality images are continually refined and updated until halted allowing you to trade processing time for quality
- Better anti-aliasing and tone reproduction, more saturated colors
- More sophisticated shading algorithm-- much better materials
- HDR backgrounds and lighting
- Objects as light sources
- Indirect lighting without radiosity that can handle complex models without artifacts or specialized modeling
- Advanced displacement map support
- 2-point perspective in Rhino 5.0
- Shadow-catching only objects and ground plane
- New fractal trees/vegetation technology
- New UI new material editor w/lighting and anti-aliasing
Monday, October 19, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Dimitrie of Un Didi posted Grasshopper attractors working on curves.
Kokkugia wiki RhinoScript on Attractor Tools Scale
Example 01: Attractor Based Vector Transformations
Example 02: Attractor Based Scale Operations
Erdine-Baskin's Stylized Attractor Transformations
RhinoScript Resources has a List of Attractor Methods.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Report any other problems to our support team.
You are invited to download and use the OS X version of Rhino while it is in development.Most of the core functionality has been ported from Windows and is very stable. There is still much to do to port the rest of the functionality and refine the interface. We don't expect the first commercial release to be ready for at least a year.Don't worry if the build you are using is going to expire. New versions will be available every few weeks. There will be a newer one available before the expiration date.
Details and download...
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Details and eval download...
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Dennis Dollens lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico and Barcelona, Spain, where he teaches in the Biodigital Master Program at the school of architecture (ESARQ), Universitat Internacional de Catalunya.
Download the book in PDF format here...
RhinoNest 2.0 Beta is now available and includes many new features and enhancements.At the same time RhinoNest Social Network has been launched.
New in RhinoNest 2.0 Beta...
Find more videos like this on RhinoNest, nesting for Rhino
A new release of PanelingTools plug-in for Rhino 4.0 is available for download. New in this release:
- Added new command ptGridSuffleGrid. The command changes grid distribution using base surface curvature or attractor points, vector or curves. It also supports random distribution.
- Added new option to ptGridSurfaceDomainVariable to use attractor curves.
- Added new option to ptGridSurfaceDomainVariable to attract towards or away from attractor points or curves.
- Added history suppport to ptGridSurfaceDomainVariable command.
- Rewrote the variable distribution algorithm. This fixed the bug of asymmetrical spacing when for example an attractor point is in the middle of a surface.
- A new release of PanelingTools for Mac is coming soon.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Flamingo nXt is still under in development. You are invited to give it a try. Details on Flamingo nXt new features listed here.
The latest build includes material libraries(basic material set, fabrics & leather material set, metal material set), embedded or linked textures, a 64-bit build for Rhino 5.0 WIP and basic tutorials, not forget to mention about a basic tutorial for standard jewelry rendering.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
If you are a RhinoGold 2.0 user, install this file to upgrade to RhinoGold 2.0 SR2. (Download Service Release Pack 2)
If you are a RhinoGold 1.0 User, upgrade for free. (Download full installer)
But if you are not yet a RhinoGold user, get to know more about RhinoGold by clicking here.
Details and download...
NOTE: Mac Rhino requires OS X 10.5 or later.
Monday, August 31, 2009
- Grasshopper review in the June edition of AEC Magazine, can be downloaded in PDF format here, or read the HTML version here.
- Grasshopper on Chilean TV
- Divergent Convergence -- An Exhibition of Architectural Programs in China
- LaN OnSite BCN2 Workshop Results
- TU Vienna – 1:1 Pavilion
- Spanish Grasshopper
- Paramétrica D_O_F workshop in Chile, August 24-28
- Rhinoscript and Grasshopper training by LaN, Barcelona, Aug 17-22
- Rhino/Grasshopper Study Session #4 - Tokyo
Thursday, August 13, 2009
New features and enhancements include:
- Added animatable layer properties.
- Keyframe selection control added on keyframe editor.
- Improved Bongo System Reporter.
Bongo Version Switch now supports Rhino 5.
Download Bongo 2.0 WIP 4 from here.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
SR6 contains dozens of stability and crash fixes, click here for more details
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
We understood some of you have been using RhinoGold 2.0 for awhile. Good news is you can own a copy of RhinoGold 2.0, which will be on sale on June 30th, 2009. For RhinoGold 1.0 users, the upgrade to RhinoGold 2.0 is now available, absolutely free. English, Spanish, Japanese, German, French and Italian languages are supported in the trial version.
Monday, June 8, 2009
T-Splines for Rhino helps designers easily create and edit fluid, organic shapes for design and manufacturing. This plugin, tightly integrated with Rhino 4, adds a suite of new surfacing tools to help designers speed up their design time, accomplish tasks that would be tedious or difficult in Rhino, and translate between subdivision surface modeling programs and Rhino.
Click here to download a free trial of T-Splines for Rhino.
New commands in this release:
- ptGridSurfaceDomain. It divides a surface by its UV domain. Divide method can be byNumber, byArcLength or byCordLength. There are options to select base point and change UV directions. The command also supports history.
- ptPlanarLips to create variable offset of planar (unrolled) faces.
- ptChanegeGridDensity. Helps increase and decrease grid density in U and V directions.
- ptExtendGrid to extend a paneling grid by user-defined distance in U and V directions.
- Added an option to ptDivideSurfaceUV to divide the surface by CordLength. The command already support dividing byNumber and ByArcLength.
- ptUnifiyFacesDirection (previously ptUnifyFacesNormal) has new options to adjust the faces U and V directions to match the base surface.
- It is now possible to project paneling edges/faces in a user-defined direction. Use "PanelShape=Projected" in ptPanelGrid command
- Few bug fixes and refinements to ptUnroll commands.
- Fix and I/O crash bug.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
This is pre-release software. If you are not comfortable running pre-release software, please do not download this build.This release candidate has been tested by McNeel's internal testing staff and is believed to be stable, reliable, and suitable for use in production. Please report any crashes you experience using the McNeel Error Reporting dialog box that will appear. Report any other problems to McNeel's support team.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
If you are new and would like to try madCAM, download a 30-day demo, available in Expert version or Entry Level version.
Existing madCAM users are invited to try the new madCAM 4.2 beta.
Here are some of the functions that we now have introduced:
* Enhanced 5-axis and re-machining functions.
* New re-roughing function.
* Machining from user defined stock models.
* 5-axis machine parts simulation.
Details, videos and download...
Bruce Hayes from Orca3D conducted an informative webinar on hull design and data manipulation, which includes Hydrostatics and Stability Analysis, Weight and Cost Report generation to Excel or PDF format, Resistance and Power Prediction.
For more details, visit Orca3D blog for latest news and developement.
* Orca3D webinar was recorded and may be viewed here.